Monday, January 31, 2011

Ruby Tuesday - My Ruby Tuesday Friend - February 1, 2011

My good friend, Joanne Olivieri, aka Poetic Shutterbug, who is obsessed with Hong
Kong and waffles, introduced me to San Francisco's incredible Botanical Gardens
and numerous other things.  I always have so much fun on our picture taking excursions.
When I can, I snap a shot of her, totally intent on the task at hand.  She often is dressed
in red so I'm using a couple of those shots for my Ruby Tuesday post this week.  We
haven't been able to rendevous lately and I find I'm really missing her. 



I am jealous because she can squat down like this and I cannot!  Note the
Ruby Tuesday sweater!




Look at the intense concentration - and there were bees in the vicinity!



We were there at the end of the red snapdragon growing season.

I have captured other shots of Jo with her trusty camera but, since she wasn't attired in
Ruby Tueday garb, I'm not enclosing them here.  Let me say, she will go the mile to get
that perfect shot for her blog. 


I am taking part in Ruby Tuesday - take a picture of something red,
check out the site and join in the fun!


16 comments:

  1. So nice to see Jo in action :) We all will enjoy those pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks the weather is so lovely. Red flowers blooming and Jo wears sweater only. No Jacket. I miss warm weather...
    Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's serious concentration. I love the ruby-red sweater!
    -- K

    Kay, Alberta, Canada
    An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such concentration! Phew!

    XOXO Lola:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great shots of Jo.

    Happy Ruby Tuesday!

    Mine's here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful pictures Nice balance

    soap on a ropee

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm way jealous of her camera!

    Sound like you 2 are great friends. Awesome!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore arboretums and botanical gardens. I include them on visits whenever I can.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous4:24 PM

    What a nice tribute. Please have you all a good Wednesday.


    daily athens

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think it's so fascinating that you've become such good friends with a blogger bud.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Photo excursions with a friend would be so much fun. You're lucky to have someone who shares the same interest as you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love wearing red it an uplifting colour. I've been out of the blogging world for awhile but hopefully back now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic shots of Jo! You gals are lucky to still smelling the flowers..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Josep -
    I have about a dozen photos of Jo in picture taking mode!


    Y. Ikeda -
    Day time temperatures here are usually pleasant enough that one doesn't need a coat. That's why I like this area so much.

    Kay L.Davies -
    Jo does a lot of macros so she has to concentrate very seriously. That's why she doesn't see me snapping her!


    Lola -
    Have you seen her blog, "Poetic Shutterbug" - her photos are tremendous.


    rosaria -
    We usually go out on our photo shoots after we've had breakfast or lunch - we both love to eat!


    Maria @ LSS -
    I have a lot of photos of Jo, from different occasions, but these of her intent on her macros are some of my favorites.


    Larry -
    Sometimes I think that camera is glued to Jo's face!


    Jannie Funster -
    We've been friends since long before our blogging days. She's the one who helped me get started with my blog...and I couldn't have gotten my poetry book published without her help. She's a great friend.


    secret agent woman -
    I also try to visit gardens wherever in the world I travel. I still think Butchart Gardens near Victoria, British Columbia is one of the nicest spots I've ever been.


    Sharkbytes -
    Jo's been a friend for years. She's the one who helped me get my blog going!


    steviewren -
    It's always much more fun to go out with Jo than to do my photography jaunts alone. We usually eat first, then search for things to photograph and we are always laughing.


    Liss -
    I don't really wear that much red but I do like bright colors so I should use it more.


    ***Icy BC -
    Flowers, of some kind or other, are pretty much year round out here.

    ReplyDelete