Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A Sweet Baby - Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Last Saturday, my dear friend and former workmate, Elaine Martin, invited me to Fairfield to her sister, Janelle's bridal shower.  I was delighted to see her again as she is like family to me.  Since our job ended seventeen months ago, I don't see nearly enough of her although we do have lunch together from time to time.  Elaine and I always introduce ourselves as sisters when we meet new people.  Sometimes they are a bit taken aback as she is African American and I, of course, am Caucasian.  As is often the case at functions I attend with Elaine, I was the only Caucasian present.  I never feel uncomfortable because I am always made to feel like part of the family and I feel welcome.

Anyway, it was a lovely shower except for the heat in Fairfield.  My heart, however, was totally captured by a sweet baby girl, the daughter of one of Elaine's friends, also an RN, who works, occasionally, in the ER at San Francisco General.  I guess having three sons makes me melt whenever I see a sweet little girl.  I hope  I have one in the family someday soon!!














17 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous little bub!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww!!! She's a cutie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's gorgeous little girl, like looking how she tongue out. Thanks for always visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Precious little thing she is! As for never feeling out of place anywhere...I believe it's your delightful personality, Carmen. Your high and joyful spirit makes it automatic for friends to open their arms to you.

    How is your mom? We continue to lift her up. Hope all goes well soon. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is a sweet looking baby, and you've capture some of her cutest moments, Carmen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely baby.I can imagine people being startled when you announce yourselves as sisters!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A sweet baby, sweet photos... :)

    Thank you for welcoming me back from my journey, how are you doing today? :) I hope well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yup, she is very cute. Hope you get your wish, but I'll just remain happily free from urchins, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. what an adorable little girl!
    Have a nice day..

    reanaclaire.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Carm, what great photos! I had a great time with you at the shower...we must get together soon. I still think we won the bridal dress making out of toilet paper fashion show contest...lol (Elaine)

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh, she is very cute Carmen, I hope you get to enjoy the happiness of having a baby girl soon in your family.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow, what a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You got good pictures of her. I like when babies learn to stick out their tongues. That always makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  14. sweet expressions so well captured!

    ReplyDelete
  15. She is gorgeous! Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  16. She is a little cutie, I love her hair :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a proper cutie-pie! Our family tree certainly needs more females, too!

    ReplyDelete