Monday, May 27, 2013

Monday Mellow Yellows - Yellow San Francisco Home - May 27, 2013


One of the delights of living in the San Francisco area - and one of the
reasons I always have my camera with me - is the wonderful abundance
of beautiful Victorian homes.  Even many other houses are painted in
bright and beautiful colors that make you stop your car, pull over and
get out your camera.  I will miss those during my six months in India
but, thankfully, there is so much in that enormous country that I enjoy
photographing.  While I'm there sweltering in the heat, I'll remember
that I've complained my whole time at home that I haven't been warm
enough.  Right now, it's 61 degrees in Daly City, California and 90
degrees in Mumbai, India!




I am participating in 


Add your yellow photo to join in the fun.




18 comments:

  1. What a Victorian, and your gorgeous header photo of abundant acacia could also be a lovely Mellow Yellow post. Lucky you to be going to India! I am sure you will have many, many colorful photos for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love yellow, Sara and, one of my first purchases, when I moved to San Francisco nearly 35 years ago, was a water color of a yellow Victorian with white shutters. I wanted to buy one. Of course, I could never afford that.

      Now in India, in Mumbai, with it's twenty million people and monsoon torrents.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous11:54 PM

    yellow all the way! wow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely a bright and sunny abode! Nice as long as they keep it painted and cheery.

      Delete
  3. Wonderful shot of yellow home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could buy one, that's for sure!

      Delete
  4. I love yellow house this one is beautiful! Thanks for the visit!

    Kim,USA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These gorgeous Victorians cost a fortune and come in the most amazing colors.

      Delete
  5. oh, what a very lovely and vibrant home, Carmen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wouldn't be hard to find on a dark night!

      I'm back in India now...in the midst of torrential monsoon season.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. San Francisco is full of these! Come visit sometime.

      Delete
  7. That's a happy yellow house, Carmen. It makes me smile.
    LOVE the pics of Miss Harper in your prior post. She's gorgeous!
    xojj

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joanna, I am really missing that sweet baby now that I'm in India. I told those kids to set up skype but,thus far, they have not. She's just started smiling and that's a delight!

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. It's always fun to go down a street of Victorians with each one painted a different cheerful color, with contrasting trim. There is a huge market in Victorian house painting!

      Delete
  9. Now that house is YELLOW! I like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. San Francisco is filled with Victorians of many colors. The yellows are my favorites.

      Delete