Saturday, May 04, 2013

The Hollands at Cafe Divine, San Francisco - May 5, 2013

What an incredible San Francisco evening!  The sun was shining brightly, with
temperatures near 70 degrees in the afternoon and San Francisco's North 
Beach was jamming.  My dear friend, Kris, picked me up and we headed to
Cafe Divine, one of my favorite spots on Stockton, to see the dynamic duo,
Sony and Jerry Holland perform.  They surprised us with an email announcing
a quick trip up from L. A. and I couldn't have been happier with this chance to
see them once more before heading off to India



Driving down Lombard Street - perfect weather!!

Old friends were in attendance and the food and wine, as always, were superb.  
Thanks to Milo for his great suggestion on the wine, a Domaine Santa Duc 
Digondas 2010 from France.  We really enjoyed it with our shared dinner - arugula 
salad with blue cheese, pears and walnuts, steamed mussels, penne with Italian 
sausage and grilled vegetables.  And, of course, we could not turn down the 
gingerbread cake and ice cream!





We were too busy eating to photograph any more of the food!

Sony and Jerry were fabulous ( when aren't they ).  They sang some of our old
favorites, including "I Was No Angel Myself" and "On a San Francisco High".
They always leave us feeling wonderful.  I've been so lucky this six months at 
home - I've gotten to see them six times!!  I just wish they would come and 
perform in India!










We had a special treat as well.  Our friends bought McKinley ( named after
the highest mountain in the U. S., Alaska's Mt. McKinley ), whose nickname is 
"Mac".  He's the sweetest Siberian husky who joined their family when their 
beloved, Sabrina, after enriching their life for fifteen years, went to Husky 
Heaven.  Mac is so smart, having already learned so many tricks.



It was a perfect celebration for the one month date before my arrival in India.  I
have enjoyed my long stay at home, got a brand new pain free left shoulder,
and my sweet first grandchild arrived a week early on April 14, 2013, with all
of us there.  I'm ready now, though, for good Indian food, seeing my friends
there and, hopefully, losing 20 more pounds.  If I can get down to 200 pounds,
I'd be delighted.



3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you had a great time with your friends. Nice dog too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too much fun in N. Beach! Jerry and I are so glad we got one more chance to see you before you head back to India... love, Sony

    ReplyDelete
  3. one of the best website i ever seen Thank you for your article Please visit our website there is verry nice and religious content bhakti Bhajan
    Ganga Bhakti

    ReplyDelete