Monday, September 21, 2009

Forever Friends

I wrote this poem some time ago and, as I read it over again this morning, I realize how lucky I am to have been blessed with so many “forever friends.” You come from all walks of life and from all parts of our diverse planet.  I truly cherish each and every one of you and the part you play in my life. You sustain me.

Forever Friends

In the course of every lifetime,
There are some who come to be,
The special kind of forever friends,
Who endure for eternity.

They may come along at any time
In our youth or in later years,
Once there, they remain beside us,
Through the laughter and the tears.

They may live around the corner
Or ten thousand miles away,
But distance makes no difference,
These are friends who are here to stay.

We might see them every single day,
Or spend years too far apart,
Either way, they're always with us
For they are held within our heart.

You're cherished as a "forever friend",
And you know you'll always be,
You've helped enrich my life so much,
And you mean the world to me.

Carmen Henesy

Copyright (c) 2000 by Carmen Henesy
All rights reserved.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:03 AM

    I think I found the poem you had mentioned . wow there are veins we share lol this is beautiful.

    The last few verses I love and see the connection
    We might see them every single day,

    Or spend years too far apart,

    Either way, they're always with us

    For they are held within our heart.



    You're cherished as a "forever friend",

    And you know you'll always be,

    You've helped enrich my life so much,

    And you mean the world to me.


    Beautiful. there nothing like a friend like that. sigh..
    Smiles and blessings

    ReplyDelete