Sunday, February 06, 2011

Shadow Shot Sunday, #142 - Napa Hot Air Ballooning - February 6, 2011

I have always been terrified of open heights so I can't believe I actually went
up in a hot air balloon over the Napa Valley.  I only took a few pictures because
I kept my arms glued to my sides for much of the time. It wasn't until we were
almost ready to land that I actually relaxed enough to enjoy the experience.  It
was really wonderful, floating above the vineyards.  We blew soap bubbles and
they floated in the air for some time, passing us as we soared. 

We landed in a farmer's pasture where we had a lovely breakfast ( a truck from
the balloon company followed us ), complete with champagne, and a few
inquisitive cows.


Our balloon, one of many, soaring over the Napa Valley


Shadows of the houses and trees that we flew over


I am participating in Shadow Shot Sunday - check out the site and join in the fun.



11 comments:

  1. I'm envious, that looks like such fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow...that very first photo is outstanding!!!!

    A Seagull Shadow

    I enjoyed my visit and viewing your entry for today's meme...do stop by if you have time, I'd love your company.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to fly in a hot air balloon someday too--someday when I have money!

    SILLY SHADOW DITTY

    Shadows may or may not be
    Patterns of urbanity.
    If a shadow threatens you,
    Here, my dear, is what to do:
    Grab the shadow by the throat,
    Toss it to a billy goat,
    So the goat can chomp and chew,
    Keeping it away from you!


    © 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

    Sinister, Shadowy Spyhole

    ReplyDelete
  4. well, good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to do that! How fun. I'm glad you were able to relax and enjoy some of your adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11:59 AM

    Wonderful capture of the shadow, Carmen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YEAH for you. I've never been brave enough to go up in a balloon before but the view is gorgeous!
    Cheers, jj

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK, now I'm jealous! I would love to go up in a balloon. I like the first picture best. How awesome that you were up on a day when the shadows were so good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool shadow of the balloon!!! What fun! Thanks so much for visiting my blog and commenting! I appreciate it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, wow....lovely shots. I was in Napa Valley in the autumn of 2009, and loved the experience, though not on a balloon ride. I had a good balloon ride in Luxor, Egypt though.
    Have a good day.
    ~celine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty cool shadows! Still one of my goals is to ride one of those.

    ReplyDelete