Monday, December 10, 2012

Dental Health of San Francisco - I Never Thought I'd Rave About Dentists! - December 10, 2012


I was a forensic nurse for San Francisco for 21 years.  I gained a great deal from that 
experience, including one of my best friends.  Elaine Martin worked with me at both the
San Francisco Rape Treatment Center and at CASARC,  Elaine was a good deal
younger than me but she was like a sister.  In fact, we often told people we were sisters.
They would look at us strangely ( she is African American and I'm Caucasian ).  On
Mother's Day, a couple of years ago, I was with her entire family at brunch at the 
Burlingame Hyatt and we had such fun introducing everyone to the waiter as "my
family".  

I was telling Elaine that I was long overdue for a dental visit.  My entire life, I have
HATED going to the dentist.  She looked stunned.  "You have to go to Dr. Quach!  You
are going to love him.  He and his wife, Dr. Chen are wonderful!"  I looked incredulous.
No way I was ever going to love a dentist.  For years, I'd been to the dental office 
recommended by our union where it was assembly line dental practice.  You were
there for hours.  A dentist went from patient to patient, did a little work, then moved
down the line.  It was agonizing.  I was long overdue for an appointment.

Finally, after a year of procrastination, I finally made an appointment at Dental Health 
of San Francisco.  It seemed appropriate.  Almost all my health care providers were
Chinese!  When I was warmly greeted by Dr. Quach, I scowled and told him, "I hate 
dentists."  He just smiled and insisted he would change that feeling.  Every one in the
office was so nice ( were they imbibing some sort of happy gas? ).  I met his lovely
wife, Dr. Chen and all the staff and was in and out of there so quickly.  Dr. Quach,
himself, did my tooth cleaning!  I was so impressed by it all, I even went home and
wrote a Yelp review ( his first ).  The next time I went in, he gave me a discount because
a client had come in because of the Yelp review!

I think it's about ten years now that I've been seeing him and I wouldn't go anywhere 
else.  My son, Jeremy, is a patient as well.  Last time, I was home from India, Dr. Quach
asked me if I would do a video testimonial which I was happy to do.  OK, OK, Elaine, I 
know you're smirking and saying, "I told you so."


/Dr. Quach and Dr. Chen were raised in San Francisco and attended dental school
at the University of the Pacific.  They are members of several professional 
organizations and their office is open evenings and weekends as well as during 
the day to accomodate busy schedules.  The waiting room is small and bustling 
but people are seen quickly and there is a family feel about the place.



I wrote all the names down but now I've forgotten who is who!  I 
should have written this the same day as my appointment!



Cheery overhead lights help patients relax



There are televisions though I've never asked to have one on.



A little greenery is nice



Here is the lovely Dr. Chen



The office is always bright and cheery and so are the staff.



Holiday decorations



All smiles



Dr. Quach at work and me with my mouth open ( of course! )



I can't stop talking!



Gosh, I love that I'm skinnier!  And I just love my dentist.



The bathroom is always so pretty, for every holiday.



Ho, ho, ho.



Their beautiful stained glass door



This sign says it all - thanks to all of you at 
Dental Health of San Francisco for giving me something to smile about!!

My apologies to Jane, Amy, Casey and Lilly for not being able to put
your names with your pictures...remember, I'm 68-years-old now!!!



Office Information
Dr. Charlene Chen
Dr. N. "William" Quach
2407 Noriega Street
San Francisco, CA 94122-4241
Contact Information
Office: (415) 682-2368
Fax: (415) 682-2363
E-mail: dentalhealthofsf@comcast.net
Office Hours
Tuesday - Wednesday - Friday - Saturday - Sunday
9:00am to 6:00pm
Monday and Thursday by Appointment Only.

8 comments:

  1. Nice to see you and listen to your voice. In video you look so great. Hugs.

    Val

    Barcelona Daily Photo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Valery, you are the sweetest. A big hug to you as well!

      Delete


  2. Hello, RNSANE.

    Medical care is the great contribution to humanity.
    I pay tribute to the your efforts.

    Thank you for your visit.
    I thank for your usual and hearty support.
    The prayer for all peace.

    Have a good day. From Japan, ruma❃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ruma - As always, it is so nice to have you visit. I think of you every time I have sushi or sashimi or sip a nice sake...which is often since I've returned from India. How I love those wonderful cold sakes!

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you are getting good dental care. I loved the dentist we had for years, but he has retired now. I don't think the future prospects are good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joan, I love that Quach and he tells me I'm one of his favorite patients. Even nicer, he often covers the services my insurance doesn't.

      Delete
  4. Anonymous2:54 PM

    Yes, took me nearly as much work as moving a mountain, going to one. Yet, agree, in the end worth. Wishing you all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. one of the best website i ever seen Thank you for your article Please visit our website there is verry nice and religious content bhakti Bhajan
    Ganga Bhakti

    ReplyDelete