Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Winter Romance




Winter Romance

Bundled warm and cozy,
We braved the cold and snow,
To join the ranks of skiers,
At magnificent Lake Tahoe.

After several lessons,
I bravely caught a lift,
And thanked my lucky stars,
When fate gave me a gift!

I hurtled down the mountain,
One ski left behind,
Until I crashed into you,
But you didn’t seem to mind.

We checked for broken bones,
Laughing all the while,
Even decked with snow,
You had a lovely smile.

We made it down the mountain,
And shared a nice mulled wine,
That was the beginning,
Of a winter romance divine.

As spring buds began to open,
Our feelings blossomed, too,
A romance that ignited in winter,
Grew and grew and grew.

In the warmth and heat of summer,
Under a brilliant moon,
On the blue shores of Lake Tahoe,
We exchanged our vows in June.

Carmen Henesy

Copyright (c) 2009 by Carmen Henesy
All rights reserved. 






12 comments:

  1. That is so lovely, concise, yet I imagine all the scenes you paint with words.

    Love Granny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carmen that is Beauuteeeful! Such a lovely romance---tell me it was true!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet! Such a beautiful love story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is this so? Is this how it started for you?
    xo
    erin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now this is the stuff we all dream about my friend.......:-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Granny on the Web - this is pure fiction but I
    do have an active imagination!

    jcollins224 - not at all true...had I been on the
    slopes, no one would have laughed about it
    with me, much less married me!

    Ayie - thanks....sounds nice in a poem, I think.

    Woman in a Window - pure fantasy. I have been
    happily divorced about 17 years!

    Bernie - alas, for me, anyway, it is but a dream

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely poem, and this is the kind of romance I would love to "ski" in..

    ReplyDelete
  8. hehehehe...wait...I was gonna say that you have such a sweet story...until I read your comment right there "pure fantasy I have been happily divorced for about 17 years" hahahahahahah! omg! that wasn't your story? hahahahahah!

    Thank you for your visit and your comment on my writing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely, Carmen. I also thought it was a true story.

    ReplyDelete
  10. RNSANE! Carmen? Active imagination hummm....I don't see why anyone wouldn't share a laugh with you, and possible proposals, for your imagination can make anything come true!

    bessye

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is so finely written with depth of feelings... gud poem..!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. a load of feelings when explodes out it makes a wonderful poem..dats what is reflected here..!!

    ReplyDelete