Wednesday, December 23, 2009

A Child's Letter to Santa




A Child’s Letter To Santa

Dear Santa, it is almost time,
For your very stressful day,
To harness up your reindeer,
And to head out on your way!

I hope you’ll get a little rest,
And try to stop and pause,
For some precious quality time,
With dear, sweet Mrs. Claus!

I know the elves are working,
To get all done up right,
Avoiding any disappointment.
As you embark tomorrow night.

I wonder, in amazement,
How that sleigh holds all those toys,
Bringing thrills of such delight,
To a world of girls and boys.

Does your tummy ever ache,
From eating all the treats?
Left for you by the tree,
Milk, cookies and lots of sweets.

Will Rudolph and the reindeer,
Tire as they prance along?
Do you keep their spirits soaring,
With a merry Christmas song?

May moonbeams light your way
As your sleigh glides through the night,
Over shifting desert sands,
And snowdrifts shining white!

As children try to sleep,
And turn restlessly to and fro,
Is it their imagination,
Or do they hear a faint,”Ho,ho!”

Carmen Henesy

Copyright © 2009 Carmen Henesy. All Rights Reserved.


13 comments:

  1. I wish one of my childhood letters to Santa had been so good. All I ever did was list what I wanted. Maybe if I had done it like this I would have gotten the Legos I always wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I could not remember anymore what I asked of Santa then :) maybe, just a lot of time to play outside :) the days were always short then :(

    beautiful poem Carmen, have a Merry Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please have a wonderful Christmas!!

    I pray for your happiness of the next year heartily.


    From the Far East.
    Best regards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh! Sweet and charming, full of good questions.

    May your days be filled with comfort and joy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. charmingly innocent!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this cheered me! I've got two just the right age, and shall read it to them forthwith.
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoyable and charming, Carmen. Happy Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful poem, Carmen!

    Have a Merry Christmas and prosper New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Margie: Merry Christmas from all of us here in the basement. Your present awaits.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's beautiful, Carmen. Well done. Buon Natale from Sicily xx from Simi and me xx woof!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely poem Carmen.

    Merry Christmas.

    Love Renee xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful letter. You have a great way with words.
    Thanks for sharing.

    Wishing you a wonderful Christmas,
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I used to write letters to santa for my presents =)

    ReplyDelete