Friday, December 11, 2009

Holiday Greetings





Holiday Greetings


How quickly this year has vanished,
In the blinking of an eye,
It’s impossible to grasp where it’s gone,
So I will not even try. 

I see frenzied throngs of shoppers,
In search of that perfect gift,
So I know Yuletide has come again,
Time for thoughts to take a shift.

If only for a fleeting span of time,
There’s a sense of caring and joy,
Even little ones are well behaved,
In hopes of that special toy. 

Midst the smell of wintery evergreens,
And cinammon and spicy treats,
Many feel a sense of renewal and hope,
Determined to fight defeats.

With the shimmering lights and tinsel,
May our love come shining through,
Reaching out as we always should,
But seldom find the time to do.

Cherish the words the carolers sing,
And pause to remember those friends,
Who enrich our lives in every way,
As another year rapidly ends.

I wish all of you your heart’s desires,
And send my love your way,
And hope this season and the year to come,
Are better with each passing day.

Carmen Henesy

I wrote this poem ten years ago but I thought I would share it with you today.





Copyright (c) December 2008 by Carmen Henesy
All rights reserved. 




9 comments:

  1. Carmen thank you for sharing it, I love it. I find this upcoming season a real sense of renewal and much hope.....:-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sentiment, and send it right back to you. Happy days ahead. May you enjoy peacefu and joyful moments with your loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lordy, What a Gorgeous tree!!!!hughugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Timeless poem, Carmen! You get me in the right mood for this Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The year flew fast! I have cut out shopping, now even the little kids just want money. No matter what, we must push on. I'd love to turn the grinding music off...ahhh, but the last paragraph, that says it for me! Lovely Poem!
    Wishing you very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect words to end the year. Yes the year has flown by and what did I achieve. I'll tell you ... joining the blogging world and meeting new friends. It's been a good year. Merry Christmas to you too, Carmen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous7:51 AM

    you always find the right words at the right time. Gosh I shake my head here, each time I come its better an better..

    Thanks for the wishes and I wish you and yours much peace and merry xmas.. HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you for this, Carmen! i find it difficult to get into the season since it's the first non-winter one for me, but beautiful posts like this help :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bernie - I find I never responded to these
    comments! Wow, so sorry. Thanks for reading
    my poem and commenting.

    lakeviewer - how did I miss these wonderful
    comments! I am sorry I didn't thank you for
    reading this poem and responding.

    Donna - a big hug to you for always reading
    my blog!

    Icy BC - I'm glad this poem helped get you in
    the mood for the holidays. I'm ashamed I
    am just discovering I didn't respond to
    comments!

    jcollins224 - I guess the little ones would
    prefer to buy something they really like!

    Valerie - both of us became bloggers this year!
    If I hadn't lost my job, I wouldn't have,
    I don't think so one good thing came out of
    that.

    Inky - somehow I never got around to commenting
    on your comment...I feel bad. You are
    always so great to read my blog and I'm
    sorry! I truly appreciate you. Hope your
    Christmas day was wonderful.

    Manuela - I just discovered that I forgot to
    respond to your long ago comment on this
    poem! It must have been a funny tropical
    Christmas to a girl used to all that
    Canadian snow...passionfruit juice instead
    of hot toddies on the ski slopes!

    ReplyDelete