Monday, December 14, 2009

Challenge Response from Inky at Inky's Poems

Very luckily, early in my blogging life, I discovered Inky's poetry blogging site, Inky's Poems. She has four other blogs as well: Inky's family, down home Recipes, Inkys part of the rock and My love of dance and The performing Arts ).
I can barely keep up with only one blog but I follow each of hers with much delight.  When I had the opportunity to issue the challenge, I was happy that she responded, in spite of the busy  holiday season.  She shared this information with me.





Seven Things You May Or May Not Know About Me

1. I am the third born into a family of 4 brothers and 4 sisters. I was born near the ocean in a small town hidden in little inlets, coves, hillsides, hide-away type places, on this lovely piece of the country of Canada, known as Newfoundland. The map itself is unique, and my little piece of heaven is is known as the "boot".

2. My first time on a boat larger than a small fishing boat, on a train and a plane, all happened within a short span of two weeks when I was only seventeen, leaving my home for the first time

3. My first paying job I was only 14 years old and I took care of two small children, I was paid the large sum of $2.00. I always wanted to be a nurse like Mum, but I have white coat syndrome. I worked for the government in the field of claims adjudicator. My last job I was bookkeeper and events decorator.

4. I met my husband 2 weeks after arriving in this big city on a blind date. On New Years Eve we will celebrate our first date that took place 38 years go. We have been married almost 35.

5. I have been blessed with two wonderful children ( adults now ) a son and daughter

6. I am involved in the dance world and now continue to do so as my daughter is passing on her passion and love of dance through her students , as a Ballet teacher.

7. I have a great closeness to my family one that blesses my life each and every day, I enjoy my family tree researching, blogging, friends.


The second part of the challenge was to answer these questions with one word only:


1. Where is your cell phone?… dead
2. Your hair?… blond
3. Your mother?… beautiful
4. Your father?… amazing
5. Your favorite food?… Halibut
6. Your dream last night?… none
7. Your favorite drink?… coffee
8. Your dream/goal?… Grandmother
9. What room are you in?… computer
10. Your hobby?… family
11. Your fear?… death
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years?… alive
13. Where were you last night?… home
14. Something that you aren’t?… rich
15. Muffins?…blueberry
16. Wish list item?… peace
17. Where did you grow up?… Newfoundland
18. Last thing you did?… breakfast
19. What are you wearing?… PJ's
20. Your TV?… off
21. Your Pets?… none
22. Friends?… many
23. Your life?… blessed
24. Your mood?… calm
25. Missing Someone?… much
26. Vehicle?… car
27. Something you're not wearing?… undies
28. Your favorite store?… Costco
29. Your favorite colour?… black
30. When was the last time you laughed?… today
31. Last time you cried?… today
32. Your best friend?… Sissy
33. One place that I go to over and over?… sister
34. Face book?… often
35. Favorite place to eat?… mom's 


Inky is an incredible poet and I respect her opinion of my work.  It has been nice to learn more about her on a personal level.  I encourage all of you to check out her blog and profile at 
http://inkyspoems.blogspot.com/.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Carmen, I am delighted to meet you :) Thank you for your warm comments. I visited Inky as well - loved her poem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:39 AM

    Hi Carmen thanks so much for the getting to know one antother.. and for all comments you get to leave on my blogs.. TY and Merry xmas dear friend. HUGS

    ReplyDelete