Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Ruby Tuesday - Bali Comes to San Francisco - April 5, 2011

This past Sunday, my friend, Joanne Olivieri ( aka Poetic Shutterbug - check out her
fabulous photographic blog ) invited me to go to free day at San Francisco's excellent
Asian Museum.  Currently, they have a visiting Bali exhibit and, Surryea, a renowned
Balinese mask dancer, was going to perform, an added enticement.  It was a glorious
day, perhaps that was why the museum was not especially crowded as it normally
is on its one day a month when there is complimentary admission.

No flash photography is allowed inside the museum but their exhibits are reasonably
well illuminated so I have many posts for upcoming Ruby Tuesdays.  My shots of
Surryea are not quite as good but I wanted to post them for today.  He performed
three different dances with the masks which he makes himself. 













I am participating in Ruby Tuesday, a most wonderful meme.  Check out the
site to see other red photographs and add one of your own!








13 comments:

  1. Beautiful shots for this Bali dancer. The costume is pretty colorful, like it!

    My RT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow..the costume is very colorful, and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful costumes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks funny and you took excellent photos.
    I sent you a friend request in Facebook — you'll see my eyeglasses in my profile photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos... My RT here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. He's really a great dancer. Awesome costume!
    Love your shots, Carmen...

    Thanks for dropping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool captures you got here, so colorful and red ;). my late rt visit here sis. My Ruby Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is a very nice ruby serie ... that is quite a charqcter !

    ReplyDelete
  9. That must have been beautiful and interesting !

    ReplyDelete
  10. The costume is so rich and colourful, not to mention the massk...lovely one this.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The costume is really colorful, reminded me of the costumes of Indian folk dancers.

    Thanks for sharing and dropping by.

    ReplyDelete