Monday, November 23, 2009

Nonsense

This poem is mere fiction, in some aspects. I don't have a dog named Bo and I have plenty of aches and pains. I do spend a lot of time, however, dreaming about cruising and keep hoping my $1 lottery tickets will, some day, allow the luxury of never having to worry about how I will afford the next one!  Oh, yes, the working brain is debatable.



Nonsense

Jet planes soar overhead,
Fluffy pillows top my bed,
Dancing shoes adorn my feet,
A cozy fire gives me heat.


I haven't got an ache or pain,
I even have a working brain,
I like to write a poem or two,
When I haven't very much to do.



I have a scruffy dog named Bo,
That follows me wherever I go,
I haven't met a food I hate
At every meal, I clean my plate!



Wealth eludes me, sad to say,
How I wish it weren't that way,
No first class cabins when I fly,
I'm just glad I get up in the sky.



Here I am at sixty-five,
One who loves to be at sea,
I sit for hours and often muse,
On when I might afford to cruise.



Carmen Henesy


Copyright (c) 2007 by Carmen Henesy
All rights reserved. 


 

9 comments:

  1. I LOVE this Carmen, so cute and comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Margie: That's as cute as my dog, Boo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a dog named Bo once!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's really inspiring! Bo means Good in my language, by the way ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I enjoy your poems, keep on dreaming my friend.....I think your ship of blessings has already come in......:-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really snappy, Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poetic Shutterbug, glad you like it!

    Margie and Edna, do you REALLY have a dog named
    Bo?

    Willow, I guess Bo is a popular dog's name!

    Icy, glad you thought my poem was cute!

    jcollins, snappy, huh? It was fun to write.

    fullet, I had no idea that Bo means good in
    Catalan!

    Bernie, glad you enjoy these poems!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous5:36 AM

    aweeeeeeeeee this at first made me so happy, clicked my heels even then i got to the last two verses, and felt some sadness, I know how hard it is to have to cut back on things we used to have or do, but think of it this way, you have you, your lovely family, friends, keep dreaming of those wonderful things, and know that you have touched so many people in the past , present and continue into the future. Simple way of life is so precious. One day you will sail the seas again to, you will be crusing. HUGS

    ReplyDelete