Saturday, November 24, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012


What a gorgeous day Thanksgiving turned out to be.  It was beautiful and crisp, 
sun shining and my youngest son, Jeremy, recovered from his liquid
celebration with his buddies the night before, decided he would drive.  That was
fine by me so I could take photographs as we whizzed along Interstate 80...that
is, we made good time as far as Fairfield when thing's slowed to a snail's pace.
The trip to West Sacramento, which normally takes two hours, was a tedious three
hour drive.  I kept thinking, though, at least we weren't driving on Indian roads,
dodging cows, camel carts, entire families on motorcycles, and monstrous 
potholes!  Ah, but I do miss India!

I picked Jeremy up at his San Francisco apartment building, near Japan Town,
about 11:30.  There were very few people out and about.   



  
Interstate 280 on my drive in from Daly City - not much traffic



Jeremy's apartment building - very quiet!



A few souls were playing tennis in the courts across the street and
dog walkers were reminded to pick up after their pets



San Francisco Victorian houses



A bit of traffic back up here



Heading over the Oakland Bay bridge - construction of the new
span is coming along



At the Carquinez Bridge toll booth



Ummm, a visit to the Napa Valley is in store soon!  Wine, wine, wine!



A little colorful foliage remains for me to enjoy!



I saw none in India so I was delighted!



So pretty...



Such nice scenery



A wonderful show for me



Isn't this tree a beautiful shape?


 

At last, we arrived at Laura and Alex's home ( my middle
son ) and, after 5 months away, my granddogs remember me!



Alex, 30 ( rear ) and Jeremy ( 28 ) in front



A wonderful red wine blend...I didn't even get the winery name...
we didn't wait for dinner to open it!



Alex, at the grill



Bucky loves the smell of the turkey on the grill!



Laura inherited my fine china and my mother's sterling silver



Checking out my detective friend's new Kimber semi-sutomatic pistol ( unloaded ).
He's promised to take me to a firing range to show me how to shoot.  I'm
not sure I want to do that.


Loaded or not, Bucky doesn't like it - guess he wouldn't make a
good police dog.



My baby - Jeremy, all 6'4" of him



My kind of Thanksgiving....I hardly had to do any work!



Always a lady, my granddog, Taffy



Beautiful Dawn Lockhart - my oldest son, Shawn, has
excellent taste



Did I hear food in my dog dish?



Alex's backyard at sunset



My first born, Shawn, 41, with his lovely lady, Dawn



Dawn, with her chihuahua, Chiquita



Look how sweet I am, Grandma...who ever got the idea that pit bulls are mean?



Borrowing Jeremy's 49er's cap & sipping wine to keep warm



Bucky &;Taffy are exiled to the rug when folks are having a 
meal at the table...don't they look pathetic?



Bucky took over Chiquita's carrier which gave us quite a laugh!



My two youngest - they are actually both 6'4" - they
played high school football - Alex played in college and
Jeremy was a decathlete in college

Poor Laura, a paramedic, worked a twelve hour shift on Thanksgiving day but the
feast had her touches, that's for sure.  I can't believe I didn't get any pictures of the
food.  That is so unlike me.  I guess I was just too focused on the eating.  Believe me,
all the food was divine.  I wanted my friends in India to get an idea of what Thanksgiving
was like & I left that out.  Oh, well, stay tuned for Christmas.

I hope everyone had a very special Thanksgiving with family and friends.  That's what
the day is all about, after all.



























8 comments:

  1. So lovely to meet your family..... dogs and all. Glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving all together.
    Bet you are missing the warm weather of India.
    Maggie X

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:37 PM

    Everything looks much at peace with itself. Even the buildings. What joy. May time and life please continue to treat you all kind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:54 PM

    It's very simple to find out any matter on net as compared to textbooks, as I found this article at this web site.
    Have a look at my homepage - numerology calculation

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are now back here Carmen? so good to see you back. glad to see you had a great thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very urban Christmas. Surrounded by family it doesn't matter, though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm... Blogger just ate my comment-- Must not have gotten enough food at Thanksgiving ;-)

    Lovely photos and the Fall colors are so pretty.

    Carmen, you look fantastic and so very happy with your family. I'm thrilled for you.

    Stop by, I'm having a Christmas Giveaway!

    xo jj

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your dog knows guns are not good. Your face is full of indian energy. Hugs for you and nice to meet your family. Hugs.

    Val

    Barcelona Daily Photo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've read your all article that you've posted and You such a share great knowledge to your viewer. Thanks for your valuable blog!You can also check our blog follow us for more information
    bhakti Bhajan
    Ganga Bhakti

    ReplyDelete