Wednesday, November 21, 2012





Thanksgiving 2012

For  most of this year past,
I’ve lived so far away,
But India is now remote,
I’m home for turkey day.

I am truly grateful,
For what India gave to me,
The gifts of love and friendship,
That will last eternally.

I’ve had such rich adventures,
For a lady past her prime,
And I trust that they’re not over,
Just on hold for a short time.

Now, I’ll celebrate with family,
And try not to gain a pound,
But it will be quite hard,
When Thanksgiving foods abound!

I give thanks to my Creator,
And ask His blessings far and near,
To every corner of this earth,
For those I love and hold most dear.

I offer special heartfelt thanks,
For next year will be so fine,
I’ll celebrate Thanksgiving,
With a first grandchild of mine!!

Carmen Henesy
11-21-12

Copyright © 2012 Carmen Henesy.
All Rights Reserved.


4 comments:

  1. Wow, congratulations Carmen. Happy Thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everybody starts to say thank you today.

    And this continues in tomorrow.

    And day after.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:17 PM

    Please have a wonderful Thanksgiving celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:17 PM

    Please have a wonderful Thanksgiving celebration.

    ReplyDelete