Thursday, August 08, 2013

Signs, Signs - A Sign Near the Vatican in Rome - August 8, 2013


It has been awhile since I participated in this meme which I really enjoy.  I
haven't seen any really interesting signs lately - but I was going through some
pictures from my 64th birthday in Rome, nearly five years ago now, and came
across this one at a little cafe where I stopped for a bite to eat while my 
friends were finishing up a tour I had already taken.  You had to step down
to get into the little eatery and I got a kick out of the sign above the steps.




I can think of a few other places a sign like that might be a good idea!!!


I am participating in


If you have a good sign photo, share
it with us and join in the fun!!




12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Funny, isn't it? I try to mind mine all the time ( not always successfully! )

      Delete
  2. Now, I would probably bang my head while reading that sign!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, since I'm 5'8", I had to duck down to enter the little cafe.

      Delete
  3. Compared to Violet Sky and to you probably... I wouldn't need to mind my head. I would not even have read that if I was entering that door. This is the only time I am happy that I am below 5 feet in height. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I suppose, at times, there are some advantages to not being 5'8" like I am. I remember, nearly 45 years ago, in nursing school, I was always having to reach things, on tall shelves, for my classmates.

      Delete
  4. yes, although it is perfect English, I wonder what non native speakers would make of it?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never considered that, Lesley....I was told "mind your manners" by my mother plenty of times but never "mind your head".

      Delete
  5. What a wonderful find! I laughed about mind the gap (like every other tourist in the world has done) but your sign is absolutely wonderful (and I too can think of a whole bunch of other places this sign would fit!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried and tried to post a comment on your beautiful post with Mt Rainier but just couldn't get it to go through!!

      Delete
  6. It does sound like a British sign...as your "mind the gap" which I well remember from many visits to England. You got me to thinking of other great places for this sign, too.

    ReplyDelete

  7. Hello, RNSANE.

      Lovely your works, full of joy.

      Thank you World-wide LOVE, and your Support.

      The prayer for all peace.
      I wish You all the best.

    Have a good weekend. From Japan, ruma ❃

    ReplyDelete