Friday, July 13, 2012

Camera Critters #223 - Quit Monkeying Around - July 14, 2012

A few days ago, I bought a bag of beautiful tomatoes and onions from a 
vendor who passed in front of my Indian home.  I placed them on a bin 
under the desk next to my bed, planning to make a sandwich later in the
day, Then, drowsy from the heat, leaving the front door to my room open,
to catch the breeze from my third floor location, I took a nap.  My back
was to the door.


I woke up to hear a rustling sound next to me on the floor.  When I turned
over, I saw a HUGE monkey busily eating my newly purchased produce -
so close I could touch him.  I let out a blood curdling scream and he grabbed
the bag and raced for the stairs.  I managed to grab my camera and head
after him, with my floormates, running out of their rooms.


The monkey remained on the next landing, allowing my photos as long as
I stepped no further.  Finally, tired of my papparazi intrusion, he grabbed
the bag and leaped on the neighboring roof, out of camera range.




He ate only the inside of the tomatoes










I am participating in Camera Critters #223
Add your critter photo to join in the fun.






10 comments:

  1. Quite the gourmand who knows how to savor what's on his plate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scared the heck out of me, Merisi!!! And left me with no nice tomatoes.

      Delete
  2. I love the monkey, great captures. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. eileeninmd -
      I've seen some cute little monkeys here in India but this guy wasn't one of them!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I can't say how delicious they were, rainfield, as I never got to taste them!

      Delete
  4. Mmm...tempting, ripe tomatoes. I guess you had to make other plans for lunch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely did NOT have a BLT, Pat!!

      Delete
  5. Well, dear, I wouldn't know since that greedy creature took them all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you looking for the top bloggers and best blogs in India? This is the place where you’ll discover top Indian blogs to read in 2019.check our blog we also have religion blog
    bhakti Bhajan
    Ganga Bhakti

    ReplyDelete