Sunday, April 29, 2012

What Might Have Been - April 29, 2012

This is dedicated to all the wonderful men who have
been part of my life!  I have been fortunate
that many have remained friends to this day.


What Might Have Been

Letting go is always hard,
Especially for me,
When I find someone special,
I want them to always be.

Perhaps, it was intense too fast,
Too sizzling, too much heat,
But even with the temperature,
It  was tender and so sweet.

I'll cherish you forever,
The deep pools of your eyes,
I could languish there eternally,
Where your spirit lies.

Thoughts will come unbidden,
When I am far away,
I'll remember little things,
As I go about my day.

No dwelling on what might have been,
On imaginary bliss,
As I send to you, on angel's wings,
A tearful farewell kiss.

Carmen Henesy



7 comments:

  1. Oh Carmen, Carmen. Did you read my "The Power of Bard and Angels" post. Do. Hope yo don't mind, but this one I'll make one of my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Words that ring true for me - I wish I could write them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a romance.

    and what a fortunate woman you are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2:51 PM

    Impressed !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you looking for the top bloggers and best blogs in India? This is the place where you’ll discover top Indian blogs to read in 2019.check our blog we also have religion blog
    bhakti Bhajan
    Ganga Bhakti

    ReplyDelete