Monday, April 02, 2012

Quit Monkeying Around - Indian Monkeys - April 2, 2012

In our travels about India, we saw quite a few monkeys.  We were always warned not
to get too close to them so I heeded the advice and stayed respectfully back.












All these monkeys were in Jaipur, in a area of houses near a jewelry shop where we
stopped to look at some lovely Rajasthan creations.  Lala, my taxi driver, was 
especially anxious, that I not get too near the mother and baby.








These last photos were taken in Patiala, on the Punjab University campus.





10 comments:

  1. Wow, unbelievable, they look so much at home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose, in their setting, they are completely at home!!

      Delete
  2. How do you communicate with the monkey?

    In English or in Tamil?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was speaking English...but I do think I need to learn a bit of Hindi before I return ... just to communicate with the rickshaw drivers..or to scream in panic!!

      Delete
  3. I suppose, in their setting, they are completely at home!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. such beautiful shots of monkeys..I love the second and fourth photos most...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ellen's pictures were full of monkeys too. Seems very odd to me... something so human but not quite running all over.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pictures. Monkeys are always a favorite of mine. I've heard many times that they can sometimes be particularly vicious though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They're not so cute as squirrels, but have their good points, no doubt. Does India have squirrels too, though?

    ReplyDelete
  8. One of the best website i ever seen Thank you for your article Please visit our website there is verry nice and religious content bhakti Bhajan
    Ganga Bhakti

    ReplyDelete