Monday, October 29, 2012

Mellow Yellow Monday #197 - Bright Yellow Bananas - October 29, 2012


All over Jaiper, street vendor carts have all sorts of wonderful things for sale -
from brightly colored fruits, old familiar favorites to exotic kinds like the custard
apple ( also known as the bullock's heart or Buddha fruit ), guava, and star fruit.
Vegetable carts are piled high with various chilis from mild to fiery hot, luscious
tomatoes, little round eggplants diifferent from those at home, okra or bindi as 
it's known in Hindi, and many types of squashes and salad items,  In town, 
vendors spread their wares out on the busy road side, sitting next to each other
on the ground so they can pass the hours, chatting, when no customers 
are around.



I am participating in Mellow Yellow Monday, #197 -
show us your yellow and join in the fun.



Congratulations are in order to the outstanding 


I never could see a game here in Jaipur, Rajasthan, India but, thanks to Yahoo Sports, I could follow them all, play by play and it was still pretty exciting.  I won't get home till the
16th of November, after a five month stay here, but, rest assured, I will be toasting my
home team tonight with my Indian friends who are much more into cricket than baseball.
They are sweet to humor my enthusiasm, though.

9 comments:

  1. cool .... ur exploring India :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. we can even "watch" a game live in the Internet.

    That's technology.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss shopping with that kind of market!'

    Visiting from Mellow Yellow Monday.
    Pile of Leaves is my entry.
    Have a safe week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:39 PM

    Wonderful picture. Please enjoy your time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO bright! Like Farmer's Market every day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing, I will bookmark and be back again








    Send Dry Fruits to india

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fresh and good looking bananas!

    I am not a football fan, but I heard we played against yours, and lost..So, no celebration for me :-)

    ReplyDelete