Thursday, November 27, 2014

Thank You Every Day, Not Just on Thanksgiving - November 27, 2014





Who says we need one special day,
To let our thanks be known?
I find it best to often.
Make sure my gratitude is shown.

Of course, it's nice to gather,
With a special chosen group,
To feast on turkey and great food,
From appetizers down to soup.

But why not do it frequently,
On an ordinary day?
Just to show  our cherished ones,
Turkey's not the only way.



I really am most thankful,
For my loved ones far away,
But I'm thankful, too, to visit,
In  what once was called Bombay.

I won't have a bit of turkey,
While offering special thanks,
But you can rest assured,
I won't feast on beans and franks.

I'm grateful I can travel,
Then go home to the U. S. A.,
To spend time with my family,
And friends who share my way.

I'm thankful that my aches and pain,
Are not so very bad,
I really am much luckier,
Than many friends I've had.

Whatever destiny may hold for me,
I really can't complain,
For, except for a little here and there,
I'd do it all again.

Happy Thanksgiving to all,

Carmen Henesy
Nov 27, 2014





5 comments:

  1. Undoubtedly, there are sacred cows, nice picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Turkey's not the only way.

    Turkeys are so glad to hear that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And we do try to be thankful every day!

    ReplyDelete

  4. i like your blog please check our website there is a nice content which you will enjoy with your family or friends bhaKti Bhajan


    ReplyDelete
  5. satta king Take the time to learn all that you can for a better job. Play Bazar There are many online self-study programs that you can easily fit into anyone's schedule.

    ReplyDelete