Monday, September 30, 2013

Monday Mellow Yellows and Orange You Glad It's Monday - Bright Yellow Sari and Bangles - September 30, 2013


Well, October 3rd is my 69th birthday and the beginning of my final two months 
in India.  Four months have gone by in a flash.  It seems fitting that my post
for today is of a lovely friend, clad in a gorgeous yellow sari, wearing bangles
and lovely jewelry and with hennaed hands.  The occasion was a special
Hindu holiday, Karva Chauth, when married women fast from sunrise to 
moonrise for the safety and longevity of their husbands.  And, no, there is
no corresponding holiday when men fast for the safety and longevity of 
their wives!!!




I am participating in





and





Add your yellow and orange photos to join in the fun!




5 comments:

  1. That's a striking sari!

    Have a great week & Happy Birthday on 3rd!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a very Happy Birthday.
    Your friend's jewellery and hennaed hands look lovely.
    Enjoy the next two months in India.

    Maggie x

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a striking yellow beautifully offset by the lovely jewellery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Happy BIrthday!
    That yellow is super beautiful!
    Isn't sad to leave...but enjoy while you're there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:39 AM

    Hi there! I'm at work browsing your blog from my new
    iphone 3gs! Just wanted to say I love reading through your
    blog and look forward to all your posts! Keep up the excellent work!


    my site: book review report

    ReplyDelete